Welcome to Calvary Chapel Newnan. Here are a few things that you can expect on your first visit!
We would respectfully ask that any person who has had COVID like symptoms, who has received a positive diagnosis of Covid-19 in the past 10 days, or who has knowingly been in contact with a COVID positive person to please worship with us online until the threat passes.
- CCN meets for weekly worship on Sunday mornings at 10:30am. Children's Ministry is provided for kids nursery age through 5th grade and meets in a VBS style Sunday School. Middle and High school age students worship with the adults in the Gymnasium.
- We are a casual church. Blue jeans and sneakers are most welcome! The only thing that we ask is that whatever we each choose to wear, let's choose clothing that honors God, and doesn't distract others from worship.
- We like coffee! When you come into the building, you will be greeted by friendly faces, and will have opportunity to grab a cup of local roasted coffee. Please feel free to grab a cup and lid, and to bring your coffee into the worship center. Other items such as muffins, danishes, and such are usually available at no charge, but we do receive missions donations for coffee and refreshments if you are so led.
- Worship services feature a live band and praise and worship music. Worshippers usually stand during the musical portion of the service and are at liberty to sing out, clap, raise hands, and to enjoy fellowship with the Lord and one another. We want Jesus to remain the center of our attention, so while we encourage participation in worship, we are also careful to discourage distractions that would make any one individual stand out, and take the focus off of Jesus.
- Services last about seventy five minutes, with about half of that time dedicated to the teaching of the Bible. A typical service includes prayer, scripture reading, musical worship, Bible teaching, and ministry at the altar.
- Our Pastor teaches the Bible verse by verse through Bible Books. Typically, Pastor Joel uses the New King James Version because of its familiarity, readability, and accuracy.
- We do not practice formal membership, but we do have an informal affiliation process. If you would like to affiliate with CCN, simply stop by the Welcome Home table in the lobby for more information. You can also sign up for events, such as the Newcomer's lunch, conferences, and get more information about small groups.
- Relax and enjoy yourself. We aren't big on formality...so don't worry about not doing it right. We want to enjoy being together in the Lord, and let the Spirit lead us as we worship together.